Monday, March 14, 2011

30 Things About Me

1. I live by the name of Hwee-Jun Lee.
2. I do not currently have an English name.
3. My history of English names changed from Larry, Michael, Stanley
4. I was born on August 13, 1994
5. I was born in Seoul.
6. I moved to Chuncheon when I was 2 and then to Jejudo when I was 4. I lived in Jejudo until 7.
7. I lived in Toronto, Canada for 2 years.
8. I have been to Korea, Japan, China, Canada, USA, England, France, Italy, Switzerland, Hungary, Czech, Vatican, Germany, Indonesia, and Cuba.
9. My favorite sports is skiing.
10. I like to take photographs.
11. I used to want to become an architect until I came to face reality and decided to pursue other occupations.
12. I like to be considered erratic and unique.
13. I have not yet decided on a major or a future job because I like every subject and studying them.
14. I used to be a person who slept a lot unntil I came to KMLA, when I started to sleep as little as 45 minutes a day.
15. If I face something difficult, I try until either I succeed or I collapse.
16. In number 15, I find that until now it usually has been the former.
17. I have recently been addicted to webtoons due to the influence of my roommates.
18. I love the American drama 'West Wing.'
19. I hate horror movies and the first time I really watched one was in KMLA, second semester of first grade.
20. I think I am adjusted to a scientific way of thinking, because I often have difficulties with subjects such as philosophy, etc.
21. I like to play guitar, but have rarely had a chance to since I entered KMLA.
22. I'm going to concentrate on studying.
23. I hate US History.
24. Although I try to live like a good person, I like to rebel against people(adults) I despise.
25. I usually view most aspects of people critically in the beginning, but when I become friends, I defend all of them.
26. I did not take interest in contemporary music until middle school third grade.
27. My favorite color is yellow.
28. I currently wear glasses with KAIST written on it, so people often ask me about it.
29. I want to go home.
30. I lost about 10 kg last year in KMLA, but I think I've adjusted a lot this year.

1 comment:

  1. Larry, Michael, and Stanley. These names made me laugh. Do a google image search of Larry and Stanley and you'll see why. I've never been asked to create a Korean name while living in Korea, so I often wonder how I'd feel as a Korean being asked to create an English one. I do see that there is some logic to it, but it is debate worthy. You could discuss how names may or may not have value and influence personality. You seem much more like a Michael than a Larry or Stan, but I do see why you'd abandon all of them. A comically written essay about being expected to assume an English name might be worth writing. As a former ESL teacher I've come across some pretty bizarre English names - Flameboy, Tiger Woods, and Ricey among them. Ricey was supposed to be Ricky, but it took three years for that to be ironed out.

    13 is good. 29 - why? 10 is very good. I believe there is an underlying philosophy of photography that many photographers overlook or rarely think about. Why take a picture? Why do some people pursue this more than others? What does it say about personality?

    Good list.

    ReplyDelete